Torfaen Memory Assessment ServiceDecember 10 2019
Do you or someone you know have problems with their memory?
What to do next?
- Talk to your GP
- Your GP will test your blood and urine and may also refer you for a CT Scan of your head and ask you to do a memory test.
- There are many causes of memory problems. Seek advice early as there may be support or treatment you are entitled to.
How the service works
- After referral to the team, you receive an initial appointment with a specialist nurse to take a detailed history of your memory problems and have a memory test.
- Next you will have an appointment with the medical team to decide if you have a diagnosis of dementia and discuss treatment.
- Then you receive regular follow ups with the specialist nursing team who can refer you to statutory and voluntary organisations.
- If diagnosed you will be contacted by a support worker from the Alzheimers Society.
Torfaen Memory Clinic is a team of healthcare professionals based at Ty Sirol Unit, County Hospital who assess, support, advise and provide treatment for people with memory problems and dementia.
- Post diagnostic support
- Functional assessments
- Cognitive stimulation therapy groups
- Carer’s support groups
- Sign posting to other organisations
- Crisis resolution support
Tel: 01495 765753