Alzheimer’s Society WalesJanuary 25 2016
Alzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
The Alzheimer’s Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers. This includes:
- Dementia support workers provide advice, information and support for people living with dementia their families and carers by telephone and home visits
- Family and carers support groups where people can meet, discuss issues with each other, health professionals or others whose work, knowledge and experience may be beneficial to the group e.g. welfare rights, benefits information or solicitors
- Peer support groups
- Dementia Cafes where a person living with dementia and their partner can meet in a social environment.
- Advocacy to give the person living with dementia a voice
- Befriending to provide friendship, support and encouragement
- Singing for the Brain and other social activity groups
- Carers Information and Support Programme (CrISP)
Other services may also be available so please contact your local office. Even if you don’t need them now, they may be useful to you or your family in the future. There are some positive steps you can take to live well with dementia.