Mild cognitive impairment
Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) is a term used to describe a condition involving problems with cognitive function (mental abilities such as thinking, knowing and remembering). People with MCI often have difficulties with day-to-day memory, but such problems are not bad enough to be defined as dementia. People with MCI have an increased risk of developing dementia, but some don't develop dementia and a few will even get better
- Dementia: Reduce your risk in 6 stepsApril 23 2018This document outlines 6 steps that people can take to improve both physical and mental health and significantly reduce the risk of developing dementia.
- Women and Dementia: A global research overviewJune 5 2015This report published by Alzheimer’s Disease International explores the main issues affecting women in relation to dementia from an international perspective.
- Dementia DiariesJune 4 2015Dementia Diaries is a national project that brings together people’s diverse experiences of living with dementia as a series of audio diaries.
- Award in Understanding DementiaMarch 18 2015The Alzheimer's Society and the Royal Society for Public Health have joined forces to create a new qualification to help people understand more about dementia.
- How common is dementia?April 6 2014According to the Alzheimer's Society there are around 800,000 people in the UK with dementia. One in three people over 65 will develop dementia, and two-thirds of people with dementia are women.
- Blackfriars Consensus on promoting brain healthMay 3 2014The Blackfriars Consensus, published by the UK Health Forum and Public Health England, explores the potential for incorporation of dementia risk reduction into current approaches for non-communicable diseases.
- Women’s experiences of dementiaJune 1 2015The 'Women's experiences of dementia' website contains a wealth of stories which highlight the experiences of women affected by dementia.
- Women and dementia: A marginalised majorityMarch 8 2015This report published by Alzheimer's Research UK reveals that dementia has become the leading cause of death among British women and that women are far more likely to end up as carers of those with dementia than men, suffering physical and emotional stress and job losses in the process.
- Torfaen Memory Assessment ServiceDecember 10 2019Torfaen Memory Clinic is a team of healthcare professionals based at Ty Sirol Unit, County Hospital who assess, support, advise and provide treatment for people with memory problems and dementia.
- Guidelines for Helping the Confused Older PersonMay 16 2019These guidelines are designed to help someone be able to provide assistance to an older person experiencing confusion or the cognitive changes associated with dementia although may prove useful for any age group with dementia.
- Living with early-stage dementiaNovember 20 2019Living with early-stage dementia is a comprehensive guide published by Age UK, also known as Age Cymru in Wales.
- FREE Dementia Friends Sessions at Cwmbran Shopping CentreJanuary 7 2020Cwmbran shopping centre are holding FREE Dementia Friends sessions at the management offices in Powys house. A Dementia Friend is somebody that learns about dementia so they can help their community. Too many people affected by dementia feel that society fails to understand the condition they live with. Dementia Friends help by raising awareness and understanding, so that people living with dementia can continue to live in the way they want.
- Useful Apps for Dementia Patients & CarersApril 25 2019There are many apps available that can be downloaded to a smartphone or tablet that could be beneficial to people with dementia. Apps are available for daily aid, memory training, relaxation, care giver information and games.
- Torfaen dementia support workersTorfaen dementia support workers offer information and practical guidance to help people understand dementia cope with day-to-day challenges and prepare for the future.Ty Siriol County Hospital, Coed Y Gric Road, Griffithstown, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 5YA01495 768627
- Griffithstown carers support groupGriffithstown carers support group gives people the opportunity to meet with others who understand some of what they are going through.Ty Siriol County Hospital, Coed Y Gric Road, Griffithstown, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 5YA01495 768744
- Llanyravon carers support groupLlanyravon carers support group gives people the opportunity to meet with others who understand some of what they are going through.Llanyravon Methodist Church, Llanyravon Way, Llanyravon, Cwmbran, NP44 8RA01495 768627
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Alzheimer’s Society WalesAlzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
and carers. The Alzheimer's Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers.16 Columbus Walk, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4BY02920 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200139
- Dementia UKDementia UK is a national charity, committed to improving quality of life for all people affected by dementia. The charity provides Admiral Nurses, specialist dementia nurses who provide practical and emotional support to family carers of people with dementia.2nd Floor, Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA020 7697 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiauk.org
- Innovations in DementiaInnovations in Dementia is a community interest company that works nationally with people with dementia, partner organisations and professionals to develop and test projects that will enhance the lives of people with dementia.PO Box 616, Exeter, EX1 9JB01392 email@example.com://www.innovationsindementia.org.uk/
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Warstones Resource Centre, Warstones Drive, Wolverhampton, WV4 4PG0845 257 email@example.com://www.dementiapathfinders.org
- Dementia Services Development CentreThe Dementia Services Development Centre is an international centre of knowledge and expertise dedicated to improving the lives of people with dementia.Iris Murdoch Building, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA, Scotland01786 467740https://www.dementia.stir.ac.uk