These facilities are usually run by a Local Authority. They provide resources (information, advice, activities, support) for older people as well as those with dementia and their family and carers.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Dewis CymruApril 27 2018Dewis Cymru is a website that provides information and advice about well-being. In addition to health information, Dewis Cymru provides information about people and services in your area that can help you with the things that matter to you.
- Dementia ConnectApril 26 2018Dementia Connect is Alzheimer's Society's comprehensive services directory for people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Social Support for People with Memory Problems Living in TorfaenDecember 10 2019Torfaen Memory Service have compiled a list of social support available for people with memory problems who live in Torfaen. These include day centres, groups, keeping you company at home, helping you get out, 1 to 1 befriending, and direct payments scheme.
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Activity GroupOur informal activity groups give you or someone you know that is affected by dementia the opportunity to take part in a variety of activities, which focus on socialising and getting to know the others in the group. This group is for people with Dementia, ...Llanyravon Methodist Church, Llanyravon Way Llanyravon, Cwmbran NP44 8RA07484088981 or 01495 email@example.com
- Young onset dementia groupThe Young onset dementia group provides a relaxed and friendly environment for people with a cognitive impairment or young early onset dementia to socialise and take part in activities. We meet every Monday 12.15-3.15pm and Wednesday 10.30-2.30pm01495 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monmouthshire Tea DanceThe Monmouth Intergenerational Tea Dance intends to bring together a wide range of people from the community, mostly older people including people with dementia and frailty plus their carers. A qualified dance instructor leads an hour of dancing, followed by refreshments and socialising.Bridges Centre, Drybridge Street, Monmouth, UK 01600 email@example.com://www.bridgescommunity.org.uk/