Memory cafes provide a friendly and supportive environment where people can meet, talk, and learn more about dementia and what support is available.
View an A-Z list of memory cafes.
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesFebruary 5 2016Active Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- The Daily SparkleThe Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Peer Support for People with Dementia: A social return on investment studySeptember 16 2015This report published by the Health Innovation Network South London, the Academic Health Science Network for South London, outlines the findings of a study which demonstrated that the positive social value of peer support groups for people with dementia, their carers and volunteers can be far greater than the investment.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Dementia ConnectApril 26 2018Dementia Connect is Alzheimer's Society's comprehensive services directory for people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Putting dementia on the mapNovember 29 2013Putting dementia on the map published by the Department of Health draws on data and information about dementia health and care, dementia friendly communities and research.
- Dewis CymruApril 27 2018Dewis Cymru is a website that provides information and advice about well-being. In addition to health information, Dewis Cymru provides information about people and services in your area that can help you with the things that matter to you.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Llanyravon dementia cafeThe Llanyravon dementia cafe provides information about living with dementia and other services available locally in an informal and comfortable environment.Llanyravon Methodist Church, Llanyravon Way, Llanyravon, Cwmbran, NP44 8RA01495 768744
- Griffithstown dementia cafeThe Griffithstown dementia cafe provides information about living with dementia and other services available locally in an informal and comfortable environmentSt Hilda's Church, 2 Kemys Street, Griffithstown, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 5DT01495 768627
- Alzheimer’s Society WalesAlzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
and carers. The Alzheimer's Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers.S4C, Parc Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff CF14 5DU, UK0333 150 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200139
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/