Dementia support workers
Dementia Support Workers help people with dementia and their carers at the time of diagnosis and during the “dementia journey” to maintain their independence, improve their sense of well-being and take control of their own lives. They may be known as Dementia Advisors or Dementia Navigators.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Accessible Information StandardJuly 28 2015The Accessible Information Standard tells organisations how they should ensure that disabled patients receive information in formats that they can understand and they receive appropriate support to help them to communicate.
- Dementia stakeholder groups – action plansJune 29 2011These plans outline actions for improvement across four key priority areas: improving service provision, early diagnosis, access to information and training.
- Torfaen Memory Assessment ServiceDecember 10 2019Torfaen Memory Clinic is a team of healthcare professionals based at Ty Sirol Unit, County Hospital who assess, support, advise and provide treatment for people with memory problems and dementia.
- Prepared to care – Challenging the dementia skills gapJune 4 2009This report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (APPG) explores the scale of the challenge in training the caring professions in dementia, and how it may be met.
- Unlocking Diagnosis: The key to improving the lives of people with dementiaJuly 4 2012This report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (APPG) explores the barriers to dementia diagnosis in the UK. It makes recommendations to improve diagnosis rates and provide better post diagnosis support for people with dementia.
- Dementia ConnectApril 26 2018Dementia Connect is Alzheimer's Society's comprehensive services directory for people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Direct PaymentsMarch 7 2019If you have had an assessment that shows you are eligible for social care services, you may prefer to organise your services yourself rather than have the Council do this for you. This is called ‘Direct Payments’.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Social Support for People with Memory Problems Living in TorfaenDecember 10 2019Torfaen Memory Service have compiled a list of social support available for people with memory problems who live in Torfaen. These include day centres, groups, keeping you company at home, helping you get out, 1 to 1 befriending, and direct payments scheme.
- The dementia guideFebruary 22 2014This guide produced by the Alzheimer's Society is for anyone who has recently been told they have dementia.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- CMG48: Support for commissioning of dementia careThis guidance produced by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) summarises the key commissioning issues and the resource impact that will arise from implementing improvements in the quality of care for people with dementia, in line with the statements and measures that comprise the NICE quality standards for dementia.
- Dementia adviser service: evaluationAugust 31 2013This report published by the Alzheimer's Society presents the findings of an evaluation of the Pathfinder Dementia Adviser services from the perspective of service users.
- Ten tips for communicating with a person with dementiaSeptember 8 2012These top tips produced by the Family Caregiver Alliance will help practitioners and those caring for a person with dementia to improve communication skills and ability to handle the difficult behaviour.
- Template action plan to improve care for people with dementia in the communityJuly 28 2011This is a template action plan for use by local authorities and commissioning consortia working together under the auspices of Health and Well-being Boards to improve care for those people with dementia who live in their own homes or in some other residential setting.
- Dementia: ethical issuesJanuary 25 2010This report published by the Nuffield Council on Bioethics presents an ethical framework to help practitioners who face dilemmas in connection with the everyday care of someone with dementia.
- Peer support networks and dementia advisers: evaluationOctober 9 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, provides the findings of the Healthbridge evaluation into the role that dementia advisers and peer support networks can provide in post diagnostic support for people with dementia and their carers.
- Caring, compassionate, skilled – transforming the dementia workforceOctober 5 2011This guidance will support commissioners to better understand workforce planning and development issues that may impact staff working with people with dementia and their carers and families.
- An evaluation of dementia support worker rolesNovember 25 2011This report presents an evaluation of existing models of community-based support for people with dementia, their families and carers.
- Torfaen Carers CourseJanuary 22 2020Torfaen Carers Course is a 7 week rolling programme for carers of people with Dementia. It provides information and advice on how to manage symptoms, how a diagnosis is made, your rights as a carer, managing your relatives finances, and ongoing support for looking after yourself as a carer.
- The Royal British Legion – Admiral Nurse ServiceApril 24 2019The Royal British Legion Admiral Nurses offers specialist support, information and advice to the carers of people with dementia. It is available to anyone who has served in the British Armed Forces their family and carers.
- Torfaen dementia support workersTorfaen dementia support workers offer information and practical guidance to help people understand dementia cope with day-to-day challenges and prepare for the future.Ty Siriol County Hospital, Coed Y Gric Road, Griffithstown, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 5YA01495 768627
- Community support serviceThe community support service provided by the Alzheimer's Society Torfaen is for people with dementia who need support to carry on doing the things they enjoy or to try new activities.Ty Siriol County Hospital, Coed Y Gric Road, Griffithstown, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 5YA01495 768627
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 email@example.com://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Alzheimer’s Society WalesAlzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
and carers. The Alzheimer's Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers.S4C, Parc Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff CF14 5DU, UK0333 150 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200139
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
- Free Legal Advice and SupportQualia Law CIC provides free legal advice and support for people living with dementia. We also provide advice to families, carers or professionals in the social care and third sector. Our solicitors are specialists in the areas of: Mental Capacity, Financial Safeguarding, the Court of Protection and Lasting Powers of Attorney.39 Bessborough Drive, Cardiff CF11 8NE, UK07961507940info@qualia-law.orghttps://www.Qualia-Law.org