Domiciliary care, also referred to as home care, is supportive care provided in the home. Care may be provided by licensed healthcare professionals who provide medical care needs or by professional caregivers who provide support with daily living activities.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Dementia and homecare: driving quality and innovationFebruary 22 2016This report published by the United Kingdom Homecare Association demonstrates how skilled homecare can play a pivotal role in enabling people with dementia to live well in their preferred familiar environment.
- Personalisation and dementia: a practitioner’s guide to self-directed support for people living with dementiaNovember 28 2011This guide to personalisation and dementia has been written for, and with input from, people living with dementia, their families and friends, and the practitioners who support them.
- Eye Tests at HomeApril 4 2019Eye care is important for people with dementia and may be provided at home or in a care home. Eye examinations are free for over 60's and for some younger people with dementia, as are home visits if it is difficult to get to a practice. Benefits may be available to help towards the cost of glasses.
- Torfaen care and repairTorfaen care and repair provide a free comprehensive home improvement and advisory service to older and disabled people living in Torfaen to help them remain in their own homes in greater comfort warmth and security.Ty'r Felin, Lower Mill Field, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 0XJ01495 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.careandrepair.org.uk/care-and-repair-agencies/torfaen/
- Help at HomeAge Connects Torfaen Help at Home service can offer help around the home such as cleaning, shopping and accompanying people to appointments.Age Connects Torfaen, Widdershins Centre, East Avenue, Griffithstown, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 5AB01495 774455https://www.ageconnectstorfaen.org/
- Torfaen personal care serviceCrossroads Care South East Wales provide trained support workers to help people to maintain their physical psychological and emotional well-being.Ty Siriol County Hospital, Coed Y Gric Road, Griffithstown, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 5YA01495 769996https://www.carers.org
- Torfaen food and drink serviceCrossroads Care South East Wales provide trained carer support workers to help with the preparation re-heating serving and feeding of food.Ty Siriol County Hospital, Coed Y Gric Road, Griffithstown, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 5YA01495 769996https://www.carers.org
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 email@example.com://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Alzheimer’s Society WalesAlzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
and carers. The Alzheimer's Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers.16 Columbus Walk, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4BY02920 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200139