Priority Services RegisterOctober 11 2019
Did you know that every gas, water and electricity supplier – the companies you pay your bills to, and your electricity distribution network, has what’s called a Priority Services Register (PSR)?
The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free service offered throughout the energy industry available to domestic customers across England, Wales and Scotland. Through the PSR, eligible customers can receive additional services in relation to their communication, access and safety needs.
With customer consent, energy suppliers and network operators will keep and share PSR information securely across the energy industry.
Why join the register?
- You will be offered alternative cooking and heating appliances if your gas supply is interrupted
- You can choose your own password so you know our engineers are genuine
- Your supplier may be able to move your gas meter if you cannot access it
- You can ask your supplier to send their bill to anyone who has agreed to receive it (for example a family member or carer)
Who can join the PSR?
Households who have:
- someone aged 60 or over living at the property
- someone under the age of 5 living with them
- someone who is living with a chronic medical condition or is registered disabled
- any other specific needs such as sight or hearing impairments
For more information click on the link below or contact your utilities provider.