Living with early-stage dementiaNovember 20 2019
Living with early-stage dementia is a comprehensive guide published by Age UK, also known as Age Cymru in Wales.
- If you’re worried about yourself
- Seeing your doctor
- what is dementia?
- what happens if it is dementia?
- how might dementia affect me?
- talking to family and friends
- counselling and other kinds of therapy
- helpful strategies
- Case story: “Life doesn’t end because you’ve got dementia or Alzheimer’s. You just need to learn to deal with what the future holds.”
- keeping active
- your relationships
- organising your finances
- sorting out your legal affairs
- thinking about future care
- finding support in your local area
- getting help from social services
- getting involved in dementia research
- checklist of what to do next
- useful organisations
The booklet can be viewed online via the link below:
Alternatively ring age UK Advice free on 0800 169 65 65
or Age Cymru 0800 022 3444
- Understanding dementia
- Worried about your memory
- Post diagnosis support
- Living well with dementia
- Carer health
- Planning for the future