Disabled Person’s RailcardMarch 28 2019
The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult. You will qualify if you receive certain benefits such as
- Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
- War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
The card entitles you to Get 1/3 off adult rail fares for travel on the National Rail network in Great Britain.
If you’re travelling with another adult they will also get 1/3 off their rail fare, so you can save money for a friend or family member too!
There are no time restrictions on the Disabled Persons Railcard, so you can use it to get a discount on tickets at any time of the day.
The railcard costs £20 for one year or £54 for three years. For further details and to apply online go to the website below.