Day services increasingly provide specialist support for people with dementia by offering a stimulating and supportive environment with facilities which are able to support varying levels of need. An adult care assessment is usually needed to attend specialist day services, and a charge may apply.
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesFebruary 5 2016Active Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- The Daily SparkleFebruary 5 2016The Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Tailored resource for carers and care providers on supporting people to live well with dementiaSeptember 16 2015This resource published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) highlights the key messages from 10 quality statements which form the quality standard for supporting people to live well with dementia and shows what they mean for carers and care providers.
- Peer Support for People with Dementia: A social return on investment studyThis report published by the Health Innovation Network South London, the Academic Health Science Network for South London, outlines the findings of a study which demonstrated that the positive social value of peer support groups for people with dementia, their carers and volunteers can be far greater than the investment.
- Aneurin Day CareApril 19 2018Aneurin Day care Centre Newport is a company founded on love. We provide high quality, person-centred care and support to older adults specialising in dementia, living in the community. In addition to providing a place of safety for older people who need day care, we ...
- New models of care for dementiaApril 9 2012This report proposes a new understanding of the dementia journey and a revised model of care for dementia, aimed at improving experiences and outcomes, and informing service redesign and commissioning.
- Dementia ConnectApril 26 2018Dementia Connect is Alzheimer's Society's comprehensive services directory for people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Dewis CymruApril 27 2018Dewis Cymru is a website that provides information and advice about well-being. In addition to health information, Dewis Cymru provides information about people and services in your area that can help you with the things that matter to you.
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 email@example.com://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Newbridge Memo Memory CafeMeets every 2nd Monday of the month at 10:00 am until 12;00 pm free entry and refreshments. Listen to music, watch films and chat about the past. The cafe is currently on hold due to low numbers April 2019Newbridge Memo, High Street, Newbridge, United Kingdom01495366934
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy SessionsOne-to-one virtual or in person sessions using fun techniques and activities proven to slow decline of early to middle stage dementia. Slots available Monday, Friday and Sunday with experienced Occupational TherapistNewport (South Wales), Newport, UKInfo@activitybootcamp.comhttp://www.activitybootcamp.com/shop