Domiciliary care, also referred to as home care, is supportive care provided in the home. Care may be provided by licensed healthcare professionals who provide medical care needs or by professional caregivers who provide support with daily living activities.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Dementia and homecare: driving quality and innovationFebruary 22 2016This report published by the United Kingdom Homecare Association demonstrates how skilled homecare can play a pivotal role in enabling people with dementia to live well in their preferred familiar environment.
- Personalisation and dementia: a practitioner’s guide to self-directed support for people living with dementiaNovember 28 2011This guide to personalisation and dementia has been written for, and with input from, people living with dementia, their families and friends, and the practitioners who support them.
- Eye Tests at HomeApril 4 2019Eye care is important for people with dementia and may be provided at home or in a care home. Eye examinations are free for over 60's and for some younger people with dementia, as are home visits if it is difficult to get to a practice. Benefits may be available to help towards the cost of glasses.
- Newport Care and RepairNewport Care and Repair provides a range of advice and practical solutions to help you carry out home improvements repairs or adaptations to your home that allow you to live independently.Exchange House, The Old Post Office, High Street, Newport, NP20 1AA01633 233887https://www.newportcareandrepair.co.uk
- Alzheimer’s Society WalesAlzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
and carers. The Alzheimer's Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers.16 Columbus Walk, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4BY02920 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200139
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 email@example.com://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Home Instead Senior Care NewportWe provide care for people with dementia in their own homes to allow them to remain independent and at home.Newport, Newport, Wales, UK01633740028karen.firstname.lastname@example.org://www.homeinstead.co.uk/newport-caerleon-cwmbran