Local Authority Social Services take the lead in leading local safeguarding arrangements. A vulnerable person is someone for whom there may be risks to independence or wellbeing and they may be in need of community care services by reason of mental or other disability, age or illness; who is or maybe unable to take care of him or herself, or to protect him or herself from significant harm or exploitation. This could include the misuse of power by one person over another.
- Duty of Candour: Information for all providersMarch 15 2015This document published by the Care Quality Commission sets out how meeting the Duty of Candour regulation will be central to both registration and inspection for NHS bodies and all other care providers regulated by the CQC.
- John’s CampaignJanuary 15 2018John’s Campaign is about making carers of people with dementia welcome on hospital wards and reflects a positive attitude towards the importance of carers and sensitivity to their needs.
- Aneurin Day CareApril 19 2018Aneurin Day care Centre Newport is a company founded on love. We provide high quality, person-centred care and support to older adults specialising in dementia, living in the community. In addition to providing a place of safety for older people who need day care, we ...
- Newport Citizens AdviceNovember 1 2019The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) service offers free, confidential, impartial and independent advice.
Their Newport city centre office is at 8 Corn Street, Newport NP20 1DJ.
- Cracks in the pathwayOctober 30 2014This report presents the findings of a Care Quality Commission review of the care people living with dementia receive as they moved between care homes and acute hospitals.
- The Triangle of Care – carers included: A guide to best practice for dementia careSeptember 4 2013The Triangle of Care is a model for dementia care that supports a partnership approach between the person with dementia, the staff member and carer. It is designed to ensure that carers are appropriately included and involved in the care of people with dementia, particularly in hospital settings.
- No Secrets: guidance on protecting vulnerable adults in careJanuary 22 2015This guidance document published by the Department of Health sets out a code of practice for the protection of vulnerable adults in care.
- The Herbert Protocol for Missing People with DementiaJanuary 22 2020The Herbert Protocol asks carers, family members and friends of people with Dementia, to complete a form, recording all vital details about their loved one. This information can then be shared quickly with the relevant agencies should their loved one be reported missing.
- National Audit of Dementia – third reportJuly 13 2017The National Audit of Dementia (NAD) (care in general hospitals) measures the performance of general hospitals against criteria relating to care delivery which are known to impact upon people with dementia while in hospital. The third audit collected data between April and November 2016.
- Independent Living Equipment in GwentNovember 1 2019Cefndy-Medequip work with local authorities and the NHS to provide the community equipment service in Gwent. They specialise in aids and equipment for the home, mobility, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen and dining, living room and outdoors. Their catalogue has a section called "Dementia Friendly Collection".
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 email@example.com://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/