In some localities training is offered on the range of topics and resources to support the caring role and in looking after a carer’s own needs.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Dementia stakeholder groups – action plansJune 29 2011These plans outline actions for improvement across four key priority areas: improving service provision, early diagnosis, access to information and training.
- Award in Understanding DementiaMarch 18 2015The Alzheimer's Society and the Royal Society for Public Health have joined forces to create a new qualification to help people understand more about dementia.
- Caring for CarersMarch 3 2015The Caring for Carers Hub developed by the Royal College of General Practitioners is a web based tool that can help primary care staff to more effectively support carers and the people they care for.
- What about me? Remembering the needs of carersJuly 29 2010This short leaflet published by Marie Curie Cancer Care is a good starting point for anyone working in health, social care or other setting who is likely to come into contact with people approaching the end of life and their carers.
- Dementia CarerJune 9 2014Dementia Carer is a website that provides access to a wide range of video clips featuring carers discussing what helps them cope with issues they encounter in caring for someone with dementia.
- The Triangle of Care – carers included: A guide to best practice for dementia careSeptember 4 2013The Triangle of Care is a model for dementia care that supports a partnership approach between the person with dementia, the staff member and carer. It is designed to ensure that carers are appropriately included and involved in the care of people with dementia, particularly in hospital settings.
- A road less rocky – supporting people with dementiaThis report published by the Carers Trust highlights that carers of people with dementia are not getting the support and advice they often desperately need.
- Recognised, valued and supported: Next steps for the Carers StrategyDecember 3 2010This strategy identifies the actions that the Government will take between 2011-15 to support its priorities to ensure the best possible outcomes for carers and those they support.
- Carers Evidence Summits ebookDecember 5 2014NHS Improving Quality has produced an ebook to share the Commitment to Carers achievements over the last year. It includes the findings from the regional Carers Evidence Summits and links to over 50 case studies.
- Commissioning for Carers PrinciplesThis practical tool is part of a suite of products that will help commissioners to deliver what carers say is important to them in ways that have been shown to work effectively and efficiently in practice.
- Guidelines for Helping the Confused Older PersonMay 16 2019These guidelines are designed to help someone be able to provide assistance to an older person experiencing confusion or the cognitive changes associated with dementia although may prove useful for any age group with dementia.
- State of Caring 2017August 25 2017This survey undertaken by Carers UK paints a comprehensive picture of caring in 2017 and more than 7,000 people responded, making it the largest State of Caring Survey to date.
- Carers WalesNovember 1 2019Carers Wales wants a society that respects, values and supports carers. To do this they: give expert advice, information and support. connect carers so no-one has to care alone. campaign together for lasting change. innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers. Check ...
- Looking after me courseThe Education Programme for Patients Cymru runs a course specifically for those people who care for someone else with a long term health condition.Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations (GAVO), Ty Derwen, Church Road, Casnewydd, NP19 7EJ01633 241550https://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/home.cfm?orgid=537
- Alzheimer’s Society WalesAlzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
and carers. The Alzheimer's Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers.S4C, Parc Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff CF14 5DU, UK0333 150 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200139
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 email@example.com://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Carers TrustCarers Trust works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.32-36 Loman Street, London, SE1 0EH0844 800 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.carers.org
- Carers UKCarers UK is a national membership charity for carers, that is both a support network and a movement for change.20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX0808 808 email@example.com://www.carersuk.org/
- Carers DirectCarers Direct offer a helpline for carers that need help with their caring role and want to talk to someone about what options are available to them. PO Box 27079, Glasgow, G3 9EJ0300 123 1053https://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/carerslives/updates/Pages/CarersDirecthelpline.aspx
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Warstones Resource Centre, Warstones Drive, Wolverhampton, WV4 4PG0845 257 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiapathfinders.org
- Employers for CarersEmployers for Carers provides practical, ‘hands-on’, help to employers to support carers in their workforce.20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX020 7378 email@example.com://www.employersforcarers.org/
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy SessionsOne-to-one virtual or in person sessions using fun techniques and activities proven to slow decline of early to middle stage dementia. Slots available Monday, Friday and Sunday with experienced Occupational TherapistNewport (South Wales), Newport, UKInfo@activitybootcamp.comhttp://www.activitybootcamp.com/shop