From April 2014, in order to provide greater co-ordination of care for older people over 75 who are especially vulnerable to dementia due to a number of factors, GPs will be taking on the role of Named Clinician liaising with and co-ordinating with the range of health and care services required by the individual.
- Accessible Information StandardJuly 28 2015The Accessible Information Standard tells organisations how they should ensure that disabled patients receive information in formats that they can understand and they receive appropriate support to help them to communicate.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Unlocking Diagnosis: The key to improving the lives of people with dementiaJuly 4 2012This report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (APPG) explores the barriers to dementia diagnosis in the UK. It makes recommendations to improve diagnosis rates and provide better post diagnosis support for people with dementia.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Better care for older peopleJuly 11 2014This online resource published by the General Medical Council aims to help doctors challenge the stereotypes associated with older people and tackle the most common concerns older people have about their care.
- CMG48: Support for commissioning of dementia careApril 3 2013This guidance produced by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) summarises the key commissioning issues and the resource impact that will arise from implementing improvements in the quality of care for people with dementia, in line with the statements and measures that comprise the NICE quality standards for dementia.
- Initial review following diagnosisMay 7 2014This guidance outlines the steps that a practitioner should consider during an initial review with a patient that has received a formal diagnosis of dementia.
- Cwm Taf University Health BoardCwm Taf University Health Board is responsible for providing healthcare services to the population of Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf, estimated to be around 289,400 people.Ynysmeurig House, Navigation Park, Abercynon, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF45 4SN01443 744800https://www.cwmtafuhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Hywel Dda University Health BoardHywel Dda University Health Board provides healthcare services to a total population of around 372,320 throughout Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. Corporate Offices, Ystwyth Building, Hafan Derwen, St Davids Park, Jobswell Road, Carmarthen, SA31 3BB01267 235151 https://www.hywelddalhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardThe Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board serves a population of 678,000 people across the six counties of North Wales: Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham.Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PW01248 384 384https://www.bcu.wales.nhs.uk
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health BoardAbertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board sereves a population of approximately 500,000 people in the areas of Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend. 1 Talbot Gateway, Baglan Energy Park, Baglan, Port Talbot, SA12 7BR01639 683344https://www.abm.wales.nhs.uk
- Powys Teaching Health BoardPowys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of around 133,000 people living in Powys, mid Wales. Mansion House, Bronllys, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0LS01874 711661https://www.powysthb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardCardiff and Vale University Health Board provides health services to a population of around 472,400 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Cardigan House, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XW029 2074 7747https://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk