District or community nurses are members of the primary care team. They have had extra training and provide advice and care for people at home and carry out various tests and assessments. District nurse are arranged through the GP.
In some areas, intensive community health arrangements provide the level of care that in some cases used to be provided in hospital. Such developments may be led by Community Matrons, and may be known as ‘ Virtual Wards’.
- Duty of Candour: Information for all providersMarch 15 2015This document published by the Care Quality Commission sets out how meeting the Duty of Candour regulation will be central to both registration and inspection for NHS bodies and all other care providers regulated by the CQC.
- Cwm Taf University Health BoardCwm Taf University Health Board is responsible for providing healthcare services to the population of Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf, estimated to be around 289,400 people.Ynysmeurig House, Navigation Park, Abercynon, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF45 4SN01443 744800https://www.cwmtafuhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 email@example.com://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Hywel Dda University Health BoardHywel Dda University Health Board provides healthcare services to a total population of around 372,320 throughout Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. Corporate Offices, Ystwyth Building, Hafan Derwen, St Davids Park, Jobswell Road, Carmarthen, SA31 3BB01267 235151 https://www.hywelddalhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Powys Teaching Health BoardPowys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of around 133,000 people living in Powys, mid Wales. Mansion House, Bronllys, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0LS01874 711661https://www.powysthb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardThe Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board serves a population of 678,000 people across the six counties of North Wales: Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham.Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PW01248 384 384https://www.bcu.wales.nhs.uk
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health BoardAbertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board sereves a population of approximately 500,000 people in the areas of Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend. 1 Talbot Gateway, Baglan Energy Park, Baglan, Port Talbot, SA12 7BR01639 683344https://www.abm.wales.nhs.uk
- Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardCardiff and Vale University Health Board provides health services to a population of around 472,400 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Cardigan House, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XW029 2074 7747https://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk