People with dementia and their carers may be entitled to some benefits. To qualify for any benefit, people will have to meet certain conditions and these vary according to the type of benefit.
Eligibility for some benefits will depend on a person having paid National Insurance contributions over a period of time, some on the amount of their weekly income and savings, and some on the practical effects of a disability.
- Fulfilled Lives, Supportive Communities: A Strategy for Social Services in Wales over the next decadeFebruary 21 2007This strategy describes how modern accessible and responsive social services, delivered flexibly, consistently and sustainably across organisational boundaries will contribute to a better Wales and to improving the lives of its citizens.
- The Care Bill: factsheetsJanuary 10 2014These factsheets will help practitioners to better support patients and carers to get the care and support they need, following the changes introduced by the Care Bill, published in 2013.
- Dewis CymruApril 27 2018Dewis Cymru is a website that provides information and advice about well-being. In addition to health information, Dewis Cymru provides information about people and services in your area that can help you with the things that matter to you.
- Eye Tests at HomeApril 4 2019Eye care is important for people with dementia and may be provided at home or in a care home. Eye examinations are free for over 60's and for some younger people with dementia, as are home visits if it is difficult to get to a practice. Benefits may be available to help towards the cost of glasses.
- Benefits for people affected by dementiaApril 11 2019The Alzheimer's Society website provides information about a number of benefits that may be available to you. This includes details on what and how you can claim.
- Living with early-stage dementiaNovember 20 2019Living with early-stage dementia is a comprehensive guide published by Age UK, also known as Age Cymru in Wales.
- Caring for someone with dementiaCaring for someone with dementia is a comprehensive booklet published by Age UK, whose network includes Age Cymru in Wales.
- Care & Repair – help to repair, adapt and maintain your homeOctober 23 2019Care & Repair can provide help to repair, adapt and maintain your home. For older home owners and private tenants.
- Alzheimer’s Society WalesAlzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
and carers. The Alzheimer's Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers.16 Columbus Walk, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4BY02920 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200139
- Dementia UKDementia UK is a national charity, committed to improving quality of life for all people affected by dementia. The charity provides Admiral Nurses, specialist dementia nurses who provide practical and emotional support to family carers of people with dementia.2nd Floor, Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA020 7697 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiauk.org
- Carers TrustCarers Trust works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.32-36 Loman Street, London, SE1 0EH0844 800 email@example.com://www.carers.org
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
- Carers UKCarers UK is a national membership charity for carers, that is both a support network and a movement for change.20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX0808 808 email@example.com://www.carersuk.org/
- Carers DirectCarers Direct offer a helpline for carers that need help with their caring role and want to talk to someone about what options are available to them. PO Box 27079, Glasgow, G3 9EJ0300 123 1053https://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/carerslives/updates/Pages/CarersDirecthelpline.aspx