A person with dementia may be referred to a specialist for the management of their dementia and /or physical illness. In the non-acute situation this is usually done as an outpatient where a person attends a clinic for an appointment; this does not require an overnight stay in hospital.
- John’s CampaignJanuary 15 2018John’s Campaign is about making carers of people with dementia welcome on hospital wards and reflects a positive attitude towards the importance of carers and sensitivity to their needs.
- Pain in People with Dementia: A Silent TragedyJanuary 7 2015This report, published by Napp Pharmaceuticals, draws on a survey of interviews with experts, major providers of care, and on desk research. It quantifies the problem and sets out the issues in recognising, assessing and managing pain in people with dementia.
- The Triangle of Care – carers included: A guide to best practice for dementia careSeptember 4 2013The Triangle of Care is a model for dementia care that supports a partnership approach between the person with dementia, the staff member and carer. It is designed to ensure that carers are appropriately included and involved in the care of people with dementia, particularly in hospital settings.
- National Audit of Dementia – third reportJuly 13 2017The National Audit of Dementia (NAD) (care in general hospitals) measures the performance of general hospitals against criteria relating to care delivery which are known to impact upon people with dementia while in hospital. The third audit collected data between April and November 2016.
- Cwm Taf University Health BoardCwm Taf University Health Board is responsible for providing healthcare services to the population of Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf, estimated to be around 289,400 people.Ynysmeurig House, Navigation Park, Abercynon, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF45 4SN01443 744800https://www.cwmtafuhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Hywel Dda University Health BoardHywel Dda University Health Board provides healthcare services to a total population of around 372,320 throughout Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. Corporate Offices, Ystwyth Building, Hafan Derwen, St Davids Park, Jobswell Road, Carmarthen, SA31 3BB01267 235151 https://www.hywelddalhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardThe Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board serves a population of 678,000 people across the six counties of North Wales: Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham.Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PW01248 384 384https://www.bcu.wales.nhs.uk
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health BoardAbertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board sereves a population of approximately 500,000 people in the areas of Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend. 1 Talbot Gateway, Baglan Energy Park, Baglan, Port Talbot, SA12 7BR01639 683344https://www.abm.wales.nhs.uk
- Powys Teaching Health BoardPowys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of around 133,000 people living in Powys, mid Wales. Mansion House, Bronllys, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0LS01874 711661https://www.powysthb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardCardiff and Vale University Health Board provides health services to a population of around 472,400 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Cardigan House, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XW029 2074 7747https://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk