Neurology deals with the diagnosis and treatment of all categories of conditions and disease involving the central and peripheral nervous system.
Neuropsychology studies the functions of the brain as they relate to specific psychological processes and behaviours. Neuropsychological tests are administered by a neuropsychologist, a specialist trained in the relationship between the brain and mental functions such as memory, language, and perception. The types of tests vary according to the subtype and stage of dementia.
Detection of brain atrophy by Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is now a recommended approach for diagnosing early changes in dementia and is increasingly beginning to be used in clinical settings. Recent guidance recommends that structural neuroimaging should be used routinely in the assessment of people with suspected dementia to exclude other (potentially reversible) pathologies (1-10%) or establish the sub-type of dementia. The guidance also recommends that multi slice Computerised Tomography (CT) scans with coronal reformatted views are the most cost effective option first line of the structural neuroimaging options available.
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 email@example.com://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Hywel Dda University Health BoardHywel Dda University Health Board provides healthcare services to a total population of around 372,320 throughout Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. Corporate Offices, Ystwyth Building, Hafan Derwen, St Davids Park, Jobswell Road, Carmarthen, SA31 3BB01267 235151 https://www.hywelddalhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Cwm Taf University Health BoardCwm Taf University Health Board is responsible for providing healthcare services to the population of Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf, estimated to be around 289,400 people.Ynysmeurig House, Navigation Park, Abercynon, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF45 4SN01443 744800https://www.cwmtafuhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Powys Teaching Health BoardPowys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of around 133,000 people living in Powys, mid Wales. Mansion House, Bronllys, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0LS01874 711661https://www.powysthb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health BoardAbertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board sereves a population of approximately 500,000 people in the areas of Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend. 1 Talbot Gateway, Baglan Energy Park, Baglan, Port Talbot, SA12 7BR01639 683344https://www.abm.wales.nhs.uk
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardThe Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board serves a population of 678,000 people across the six counties of North Wales: Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham.Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PW01248 384 384https://www.bcu.wales.nhs.uk
- Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardCardiff and Vale University Health Board provides health services to a population of around 472,400 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Cardigan House, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XW029 2074 7747https://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Faculty for the Psychology of Older PeopleThe Faculty for the Psychology of Older People (FPoP), formely known as PSIGE, is part of the British Psychological Society's Division of Clinical Psychology. It works to encourage the exchange of information, ideas and expertise about psychological approaches with older people.St Andrews House, 48 Princess Road East, Leicester, LE1 7DR0116 252 9515Reinhard.Guss@kmpt.nhs.ukhttps://www.psige.org/info/dementia+workstream
- Cognitive neurology and dementia centreThe Cognitive neurology and dementia centre at St George's Hospital is a regional specialist centre for cognitive neuroscience and dementia, that works closely with other hospitals from across South West London, Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire, and with GPs, community nursing teams, mental health services and social services.St George's Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London, SW17 0QThttps://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/service/neuro/cognitive-neurology-dementia/