In some localities training is offered on the range of topics and resources to support the caring role and in looking after a carer’s own needs.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Dementia stakeholder groups – action plansJune 29 2011These plans outline actions for improvement across four key priority areas: improving service provision, early diagnosis, access to information and training.
- What about me? Remembering the needs of carersJuly 29 2010This short leaflet published by Marie Curie Cancer Care is a good starting point for anyone working in health, social care or other setting who is likely to come into contact with people approaching the end of life and their carers.
- Dementia CarerJune 9 2014Dementia Carer is a website that provides access to a wide range of video clips featuring carers discussing what helps them cope with issues they encounter in caring for someone with dementia.
- A road less rocky – supporting people with dementiaSeptember 4 2013This report published by the Carers Trust highlights that carers of people with dementia are not getting the support and advice they often desperately need.
- Caring for CarersMarch 3 2015The Caring for Carers Hub developed by the Royal College of General Practitioners is a web based tool that can help primary care staff to more effectively support carers and the people they care for.
- Commissioning for Carers PrinciplesDecember 5 2014This practical tool is part of a suite of products that will help commissioners to deliver what carers say is important to them in ways that have been shown to work effectively and efficiently in practice.
- The Triangle of Care – carers included: A guide to best practice for dementia careSeptember 4 2013The Triangle of Care is a model for dementia care that supports a partnership approach between the person with dementia, the staff member and carer. It is designed to ensure that carers are appropriately included and involved in the care of people with dementia, particularly in hospital settings.
- Award in Understanding DementiaMarch 18 2015The Alzheimer's Society and the Royal Society for Public Health have joined forces to create a new qualification to help people understand more about dementia.
- Carers Evidence Summits ebookDecember 5 2014NHS Improving Quality has produced an ebook to share the Commitment to Carers achievements over the last year. It includes the findings from the regional Carers Evidence Summits and links to over 50 case studies.
- Recognised, valued and supported: Next steps for the Carers StrategyDecember 3 2010This strategy identifies the actions that the Government will take between 2011-15 to support its priorities to ensure the best possible outcomes for carers and those they support.
- State of Caring 2017August 25 2017This survey undertaken by Carers UK paints a comprehensive picture of caring in 2017 and more than 7,000 people responded, making it the largest State of Caring Survey to date.
- Guidelines for Helping the Confused Older PersonMay 16 2019These guidelines are designed to help someone be able to provide assistance to an older person experiencing confusion or the cognitive changes associated with dementia although may prove useful for any age group with dementia.
- Carers WalesNovember 1 2019Carers Wales wants a society that respects, values and supports carers. To do this they: give expert advice, information and support. connect carers so no-one has to care alone. campaign together for lasting change. innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers. Check ...
- Accredited Reminiscence Training – Remember MeSeptember 25 2019Remember Me is a Health and Social Care Level 3 course accredited through Agored Cymru. The course enables learners to plan and deliver safe reminiscence sessions using multi-sensory resources and is ideal for those working in care settings and Day Centres. Participants receive a training ...
- Alzheimer’s Society WalesAlzheimer’s Society is the leading care and research charity for people with dementia their families
and carers. The Alzheimer's Society Wales provides a wide range of services to support people living with dementia and their carers.16 Columbus Walk, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4BY02920 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200139
- Cwm Taf University Health BoardCwm Taf University Health Board is responsible for providing healthcare services to the population of Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf, estimated to be around 289,400 people.Ynysmeurig House, Navigation Park, Abercynon, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF45 4SN01443 744800https://www.cwmtafuhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Hywel Dda University Health BoardHywel Dda University Health Board provides healthcare services to a total population of around 372,320 throughout Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. Corporate Offices, Ystwyth Building, Hafan Derwen, St Davids Park, Jobswell Road, Carmarthen, SA31 3BB01267 235151 https://www.hywelddalhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAneurin Bevan University Health Board covers the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen and South Powys. It serves an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, Wales, NP18 3XQ01873 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.aneurinbevanhb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardThe Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board serves a population of 678,000 people across the six counties of North Wales: Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham.Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PW01248 384 384https://www.bcu.wales.nhs.uk
- Powys Teaching Health BoardPowys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of around 133,000 people living in Powys, mid Wales. Mansion House, Bronllys, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0LS01874 711661https://www.powysthb.wales.nhs.uk/
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health BoardAbertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board sereves a population of approximately 500,000 people in the areas of Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend. 1 Talbot Gateway, Baglan Energy Park, Baglan, Port Talbot, SA12 7BR01639 683344https://www.abm.wales.nhs.uk
- Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardCardiff and Vale University Health Board provides health services to a population of around 472,400 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Cardigan House, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XW029 2074 7747https://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk
- Carers TrustCarers Trust works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.32-36 Loman Street, London, SE1 0EH0844 800 email@example.com://www.carers.org
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Warstones Resource Centre, Warstones Drive, Wolverhampton, WV4 4PG0845 257 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiapathfinders.org